Medical Care & Dispensary
Most people are terribly sick while they are brought in. Some of them are HIV+, some others suffer from ailments like Tuberculosis, Hepatitis, Anaemia, etc. Some are mentally retarded, while some have parts of their body rotting away with maggots on them. Our first and foremost priority for a new resident is to provide medical care and get them well.
We provide the following medical care:
• First – Aid
• Follow-up medical care for patients.
• Administering ART for HIV+ patients and ATK for TB patients regularly. These are provided freely by the govt.
• Physiotherapist & De- addictation doctors provide their regular consultancies and therapies.
• Fortnightly visits by a Psychiatrist to see patients and prescribe medicines.
• 24×7 Ambulance on standby to take patients with serious ailments to the hospital.
Dispensary / Medical Unit
A Public Healthcare Centre (PHC) within the premises of Ashadham Ashram provides for the requisite medical care. The clinic is looked after by a doctor and a compounder. Medicines are made available from the PHCC. A basic diagnostic laboratory has also been provided.
The PHC require an equipped with hi tech ambulance which can be used to ferry patients from the Trauma Centre and Hospital and for transporting patients from the Home in emergency.
Promoting health and a general sense of well being throughout the life span of its inmates is one of the primary thrusts of the Home. Ashadham Ashram provides a home for such under-privileged where they feel cared for and live life with dignity.