The main objective of the Society is Human welfare, i.e. to aid the helpless, shelterless and poor people who have nobody to look after them.
Sister Damian and Sister Bernadette who are the members of Prabhudasi Sisters of Ajmer started helping these types of people of Udaipur. On the roads of Udaipur they found a beggar woman who had broken bones and whose hands and legs were rotting. Due to the bad smell nobody was prepared to go near her to help her. Under their initiative she was carried to the hospital for proper treatment and care. Shortly Sister Cleophas also joined them. In this way this Ashram for love and care was started and local people helped in all possible ways. The Bishop of Udaipur, Rev. Joseph Pathalil also gave them help by providing them with rooms at St. Paul's school campus. In a few days the number of shelterless people increased leading to shortage of accommodation. Hence on 23rd June 1999, the Bishop provided some land and a small building for this Society and now the Ashram functions in this place.
1. People who have nobody to look after them and lie on the roads, and who are ill and helpless, are taken care of with love and affection at Asha Dham Ashram.
2. Old people who have been driven out of their homes by relatives who are unable to look after them or think them to be useless are taken care of with love and affection at Asha Dham Ashram.
3. Orphan children without protection are provided protection, education and development so that in the future they may become independent and live respectably in society.
4. Children who have been abandoned by their unmarried mothers to escape from social stigma are cared for and provided with education and development in order to enable them to live respectably in society.
5. Food, clothing and shelter is provided to all the inmates of the Ashram and nutritious diet and other necessary items are given to the children for their proper development.
6. Hostel facilities are provided to the helpless and shelterless people according to their category of men, women, children or infants and they are provided with a bed, table, chair and other essential furniture and items.
7. All the members of the Ashram are provided with facilities of recreation and medicine in order to develop happiness, love, peace and a feeling of co existence through the help of a library, reading room, t.v., radio, etc. In the Ashram, children are provided with facilities for recreation and physical development and primary education and later on for secondary education and are given books, stationary, uniform and other essential things for their proper development.
8. All the members of the Ashram are given monthly medical checks to ensure their good health. A dispensary has been established for the treatment of sick people, and a vehicle provided to get sick people to the hospital. In case of death cremation facilities are provided as per their respective religions.
9. Ill members and children are provided with Allopathic, Ayurvedic, and Homeopathic treatment and, in case of emergency, given first aid. For that, in the dispensary qualified doctors and nurses are selected according to the rules and regulations of the Society. Rules and regulations of service are formulated for them.
10. Ill members and children are provided with private wards, and, for their care and attention are provided trained nurses, matron and admission in charge.
11. The ill members are provided with proper medication and life saving medicines. For this purpose they are provided with a dispensary with all the necessary medicines and a store room in which to store the medicines.
12. Handicapped children are provided with food, shelter, clothing and education for their future. Facilities are provided for their technical education to enable them to get through life and, for this, financial help is sought through the associated organizations, companies and donors.
13. Help and required finances are arranged for all the above works from the state government, central government, semi-government and trusts.
14. Old citizens rights are protected to help them find happiness and peace.
15. This organization will be completely non-political and without any partiality. Through peace it will serve the human welfare by developing awareness among the general masses. Along with the above-mentioned points it will take proper decisions and execute them.